The ELiTES project consists in the exchange of researchers between Europe and Japan focused on the cryogenic technologies for the ET and LCGT (now KAGRA) gravitational wave observatories.
It is a 4 years project, supported by the European Commission under FP7-PEOPLE-IRSES (GA 295153), started the 1st of March 2012.
Participating institutes are:
- The European Gravitational Observatory (EGO)
- The University of Tokyo (ICRR)
- The University of Rome "La Sapienza" (physics-unirm1)
- The University of Jena (FSU)
- The University of Glasgow (uniglasgow)
- The Foundation for Fundamental Research on Matter (FOM)
- The Max Planck Institute (MPG)
- University of Sannio (unisannio)
- University of West Scotland (UWS)
ELiTES stands for "ET-LCGT Telescopes: Exchange of Scientists".